The online application is not available at this time.
- Employment for a minimum of three (3) years in higher education
- Consecutive positive evaluation ratings for the last three (3) years
- Demonstrated potential based on the USG leadership competencies
- Minimum master’s degree and any other qualifications required for the next level position
- Current management level/job title equivalent to Chair, Dean, vice president, Executive Director and above
Instructions to apply for the ELI are as follows. Please be sure to read all instructions prior to completing application.
Step 1: Obtain the required documents as indicated below:
A. Manager Recommendation.
- Email your immediate manager the following URL: (Click here to obtain link)
The completed form will automatically be submitted to the USO.
B. Prepare the following documents to include with your application:
- Three-page summary of your resume or vitae. If further details are required, an ELI representative will contact you.
- Two letters of recommendation from professional sources.
Step 2: Review Application Process
Step 3: Complete Application
You cannot begin the application and save it – if you exit the application before submitting it, all data will be lost and you will need to begin again. Have all required documents ready to upload prior to beginning to complete the form.
Step 4: Submit Application
Upon submittal you will receive an automatic confirmation with a confirmation number – PLEASE KEEP TRACK OF THIS NUMBER AT THIS TIME. You will also receive a confirmation email (this email will not include your confirmation number).
Step 5: Record your confirmation number. This is the only place it will appear.
Step 6: Check your email inbox for a second confirmation from the Executive Leadership Institute.
NOTE: Your complete application package will be sent to the University System Office. It will then be forwarded to the Chief Human Resources Officer at your institution. You will receive a notification on the status of your application by September 6, 2012