Collaborative Program Services
Collaborative Program Services is a program area within the Operations department of Information Technology Services that provides administrative leadership for the applications that support online collaborative programs and distance education. Our INGRESS and GoVIEW applications have received national recognition for innovative solutions in a collaborative learning environment.
INGRESS(Intra-Georgia Registration Sharing System)
The Intra-Georgia Registration Sharing System (INGRESS) was developed by Information Technology Services as an innovative solution that promotes collaborative partnerships and enables multi-institutional registration. INGRESS integrates with the Ellucian Banner Student Information System and the Desire2Learn Learning Management System to process cross-institutional registrations, support centralized seat management, and automate the creation of online courses and blended course shells. Using INGRESS, students may enroll in courses at their home institution that are offered by other colleges and universities.
Benefits of INGRESS
- Provides access to a larger pool of classes to avoid delays in graduation.
- Eliminates extra paperwork to receive financial aid as a result of enrolling in courses offered by another school.
- Retains all records and transactions at home institution; no need for an additional student ID, transcript, etc.
- Provides access to a consolidated class roster for all students.
- Provides a single point-of-access for cross-institutional administrative work.
- Eliminates cancelation of low enrollment courses by sharing course seats with other institutions.
- Offers specialized courses as part of the curriculum through partnerships with other institutions.
- Shares tuition revenues for summer courses taken by students in their hometown or other location rather than their home institution.
- Increases the availability of seats in high demand courses.
- Improves efficiencies by eliminating most of the administrative processes associated with transient enrollment.