15.1 Managerial Responsibility
(Last Modified on February 9, 2015)
All auxiliary enterprises are classified as business operations, and therefore must be under the direct management, control and supervision of the chief business officer of the institution. Additionally, all operations of auxiliary enterprises are to be budgeted in accordance with published budget instructions, and annual budgets are to be submitted to the Board of Regents in accordance with the schedules established under section 8.0, Budget Process.
For both budgeting and accounting, the following accounting codes should be utilized within auxiliary enterprises. Refer to section 2, Chart of Accounts, for additional details of these codes.
- Fund: Code 12000
- Function*: Codes 21xxx through 32xxx
- Funding Source: Codes 42100 through 43996
- Department: Develop locally – not standardized
- Account: All as needed
- Budget Period: As appropriate
- Project Indicator: Optional Use
* Note: Institutions using the GeorgiaFIRST model of the PeopleSoft Financials software must use the Program Code (Function) for all auxiliary enterprise transactions, except for the cash account.