Real Estate & Facilities
Chapter 7: Construction Documents
General Note: Lists of activities required to complete a task are example activities only. These lists are not exhaustive. It is the responsibility of all parties to determine all necessary steps required to complete any given activity.
|ITEM||BOR FACILITIES OFFICE||CAMPUS||DESIGN PROFESSIONAL /CONSULTANT|
|1||Work closely with the Design Professional to ensure that the project is within approved scope and budget. Work with the appropriate faculty and staff to ensure compliance with the scope of the preliminary design and to not exceed the previously established construction budget in the process of developing final contract documents.||During the development of the contract documents consult with the campus extensively to determine specific detailed needs. (These needs may include such items as type of soap and paper towel dispensers, master key hardware system, desired furniture layout for proper placement of electrical, telephone and air conditioning outlets, preferred finishes, etc.)
Do not proceed with planning which exceeds the scope or budgeted cost of the approved preliminary design.
|2||Unless otherwise contracted, submit framed rendering to the BOR Facilities Office within 45 days after Preliminary Design submittal is approved.|
|3||Unless otherwise contracted, submit model to the Campus within 45 days after Preliminary Design submittal is approved.|
|4||Consult with the Design Professional as his/her work progresses to ensure proper coordination of utilities, colors, selection of hardware, laboratory equipment, etc., as well as any special needs of the campus regarding scheduling and construction of the new building relative to any existing facilities.|
|5||The Design Professional shall consult and meet with any reviewing agencies, officials and others as necessary to assure that all issues are addressed; including but not limited to GSFIC (for GSFIC projects) and the State and local fire marshals. (See "Memorandum to Design Professional" at the end of this chapter.)|
|6||Unless otherwise contracted, submit to the Campus a sample board of finishes materials and colors for approval keyed to the Room Finish Schedule. Submittal shall be made when directed by the Campus.|
|7||In coordination with the Design Professional, complete the Loose Equipment List and furniture layout plan that was started during the Preliminary Design phase. (See Appendix 6 J.)||Coordinate with the Campus the preparation of the Loose Equipment List, which was started during the Preliminary Design phase. (See Appendix 6 J.) Coordinate power, lighting and other issues with final equipment and furniture layout.|
|8||Submit 100% drawings to the campus, peer reviewer and state agencies. Schedule a review meeting on campus.|
|9||Review 100% documents and meet with to Design Professional to review.|
|10||Incorporate review comments from the campus, the peer reviewer and all reviewing agencies.|
|11||Coordinate with the BOR Facilities Office to schedule the 100% Construction Document Presentation meeting at the BOR Facilities Office. (See "Memorandum to Design Professional" at the end of this chapter.)|
|12||Prior to submitting the Architect=s Budget Certificate, the Design Professional must assure that the estimated construction cost is within the budget established for the construction cost, or Stated Cost Limitation (SCL). (For Budget Certificate form, see Appendix 6 F for BOR projects and Appendix 6G for GSFIC projects.)|
|13||Appropriate professional staff shall attend the 100% Construction Documents Presentation Meeting including the Program Manager and Env. Safety personnel. (See "Memorandum to Design Professional" at the end of this chapter.)||Appropriate professional campus staff shall attend the 100% Construction Documents Presentation Meeting including the Project Manager, Physical Plant staff and Env. Safety personnel. (See "Memorandum to Design Professional" at the end of this chapter.)||Convene the100% Construction Documents Presentation Meeting with consultants. (See "Memorandum to Design Professional" at the end of this chapter.) After meeting, prepare and distribute meeting minutes to all attendees.|
|14||Incorporate review comments from the 100% meeting.|
|15||In accordance with the "Final Construction Documents Submittal Checklist", submit the Final Construction Documents and all other required documents to the Campus for review and approval. (See Appendix 7 I.)|
|16||In accordance with the "Final Construction Documents Submittal Checklist" App. 7 I, review and approve the Final Construction Documents and all other required documents. Forward approved set to the BOR Facilities Office.|
|17||For BOR projects, authorize the Campus and the Design Professional to issue the Final Construction Documents for Bid.|
|18||GSFIC projects only: In accordance with the "Final Construction Documents Submittal Checklist", transmit Final Construction Documents and all other required documents to GSFIC. (See Appendix 7 I.) A bid date will be set by GSFIC. A copy of the advertisement for bid will be sent to the President and the Vice Chancellor for Facilities.|
|19||GSFIC projects only: Upon receipt of GSFIC=s Form No. 16U, complete and return promptly to GSFIC. The project will not be advertised for bid until the completed form and all requested documents have been received by GSFIC.|
Memorandum to Design Professional
- Budget: It is the responsibility of the Design Professional to notify the campus and the BOR Facilities Office immediately concerning anticipated budgetary, scope or scheduling problems after comparing the budget allocation and the space/functional requirements of the project.
- Submittal of 100% Construction Documents to State and Federal Agencies: Review by the agencies listed below is required. It is recommended that the Design Professional contact each agency to determine exactly which documents are required for the submittal and to confirm when the submittal is to be made. For most reviewing agencies, the review will take place when the construction documents are 100% complete. The Design Professional shall notify the reviewing agencies not less than two weeks prior to the proposed submission date and confirm a date when the review comments are to be submitted to the Design Professional. (See Appendix 7 A for more details.)
- State Fire Marshal It is recommended also to review the plans with the local Fire Marshal if possible. Coordinate with campus.
- Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
- State Environmental Protection Division (EPD) of DNR.
- Department of Human Resources (DHR)
- Georgia State Financing and Investment Commission (for GSFIC projects).
- All other agencies as required or necessary for project type.
- 100% Construction Document Presentation Meeting: The Design Professional shall schedule a Presentation meeting at the BOR Facilities Office after incorporating comments from the reviews of the campus, peer reviewer and state agencies.
The intent of this meeting is for the Design Professional to present the 100% Construction Documents; drawings and specifications. The Design Professional shall schedule and coordinate the meeting, prepare the agenda in coordination with the campus and prepare the meeting minutes. In addition to the BOR Facilities Office personnel, the appropriate professional/physical plant campus staff and the appropriate Design Professional team members/consultants shall attend the review and be prepared to fully describe the technical and user aspects of the project. For projects to be constructed by the GSFIC, the design professional should invite a representative from the GSFIC to attend the 100% meeting.