Welcome to the University System of Georgia's African-American
Male Initiative (AAMI)
Best Practices Conference 2007 Web Site.
Join us on November 30 and December 1, as the University System
of Georgia hosts our
"Inaugural AAMI Best Practices Conference!"
- News Releases:
- University System of Georgia's African-American Male Initiative Hosts First-Ever Best Practices Conference (PDF)
- Leaders Recognized For Supporting Black Male Educational Achievement (PDF)
Don't miss this historic gathering and information exchange.
We will convene on the campus of Kennesaw State University for a day-and-a-half of plenary sessions, customized workshops, networking and best-practice recognitions. Every USG campus with an active AAMI program will be entitled to bring a small delegation. For more details regarding attendance, please call (770) 423-6350 or send an email to email@example.com.
- Network with more than 200 statewide AAMI administrators and student participants
- Learn from USG colleagues dedicated to enhancing educational opportunity for Black males
- Attend specialized youth and adult workshops
- Hear from nationally-recognized experts such as:
Author, Who's Gonna Take The Weight? Manhood, Race, and Power in America, and organizer, State of Black Men Tour
International Journalist, Social Activist, Political Consultant, Inspirational Speaker, Moderator, Entrepreneur
Past president, National Association of Black Psychologists
President/Co-owner, Diverse Issues in Higher Education
Former President of the Schott Foundation/publisher, "Public Education and Black Male Students: A State Report Card"
Founder and Executive Director, Student African American Brotherhood